Thursday, April 11, 2013

10 Ways to Piss off a Reaper by Leigh Parker

10 Ways To P*** Off A Reaper10 Ways to Piss off a Reaper

Author: Leigh Parker
Pages: 291

Synopsis: 
Two years after Leigh’s absurd story, another event occurs involving the volcanic Natalie McIntyre, her life file and the Reaper that’s just pulled it from the Heaven filing system.

To save Natalie from her impending doom, Leigh goes back to Heaven to save her only to be given an ultimatum - pair ten people up in seven days or risk staying in Heaven indefinitely.


Attention Please: This is the sequel for the book  10 Ways to Kill a Cupid (Here is my review if you are interested)

What I liked:
I am hyperventilating right now. Seconds ago, I finished the book and I am ready to tear the world apart just for the third book to come out as soon as possible. Amazing, fabulous, extraordinary, perfect, enthralling, breathtaking,impressive.......
I just can't.... It took my breath away. That ending. I'm sure not even God could have seen it happening. It made me laugh, cry, smile like an idiot and read nonstop.
Natalie and Leigh. Such a pair. Opposites that could never fit better. They have an amazing relationship.
I don't even know what to write, I am that blown away.
All those people fit perfectly with the story. The whole plot was great, didn't have any loopholes and went smoothly.

What I didn't like:
When the hell is coming out the third book?

Perks:
I would write them down, but I then I could as well copy and paste here the whole book.So there you go.


I can guarantee you, you won't be able to put this book down not even for a second. I am the witness number one, since I have an exam from Math and Psychology tomorrow an yet I was reading the book instead of learning.
This is a must read. A completely thrilling new world where apparent ghosts suddenly are bored cupids,the after-death paradise is an infinite job and where God has a gameboy.


I am so so so grateful for the amazing author Leigh Parker for gifting me with her books. 


Excerpts from the book: (I would love to post here more but then again, you should (MUST) buys the book to read more, cause is is just unbelievably amazing)




“That’s not a saving jar, Karen,” I told her. “That’s Natalie’s swear jar.” Yeah, I keep telling her that it’s okay to swear occasionally but not twice in every sentence she utters. I’ve also told her that if she fills that one and we need a second jar, the accumulated money is going to a cat’s home. That tamed her a bit. “In just over two weeks, she’s tallied up a grand total of £1982.”

Oh, no, wait, here comes brain fart number four - As I’m trying to peel a ginger tom (Could’ve been Bob the second, I don’t know, as we hadn’t been introduced yet) away from my bottom lip, Amanda, who unbeknown to me was asleep in her armchair clutching some supernatural romance novel when I first entered her living room, was now standing in front of me, very much awake, holding a light sabre…not a real one, obviously, one of those plastic kiddie ones you can get at Toys R Us. Oh my God, she’s a Sci-Fi geek.

Natalie woke up at 7 the next morning with her arms wrapped around me and I felt a familiar wet patch on my shoulder. Yep, she’d drooled all over me during the night. I patted her face to wake her up but she was too sleepy to do anything. So I kissed her face and left.


No comments:

Post a Comment