Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wolf Sirens by Tina Smith

Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1)Wolf Sirens

Author:Tina Smith
Pages: 380

Synopsis:  
When Lila unwillingly moves to the country town of Shade, she can’t imagine the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. Shade has a curfew and has always been surrounded by myths. A central feature of the town is its famous statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, whose spirit is said to protect the innocent.

Lila falls in with a group of intriguing teenagers with luminescent eyes and soon she is drawn into the shadowlands of fantasy and reality, where destiny collides.

A mysterious local girl, Cresida, warns her to stay away, but Lila is drawn to them like a moth to a flame.

Cresida knows their fatal secret and she is honour-bound to protect those who are endangered. But she underestimates Lila’s passion for the mysterious and charismatic clan of youths. Lila begins to feel a call she cannot ignore. Yet her heart is filled with vulnerable desires that begin to turn the underworld upside down, for both hunter and hunted, as she learns they have been waiting for her…

Inspired by the legend of the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is an intimate tale of unrequited and forbidden love in the underworld, a masterpiece of romance fantasy.


What I liked:
AMAZING! I read it all in just 4 hours. I couldn't put it down. I really love the fact that it there is a valid story about how werewolves came to be. 
Lila is a great character to read about. She acts normal and cannot help herself but to be drawn towards a group with glowing eyes. And the boys..... Sky is just eughmmmmm.... I can't even. I mean, tall, good-looking, glowing blue eyes, just perfect.
I also love Cressida. She seems like a very interesting person, that has a lot to show us.
Every word that was written I belied it. But I was very happy that it wasn't that much of a cliche and had quite a bit of a twist. The ending was just mind-blowing. I would have never thought it could end up like that. But I think there's more to that than it seems.
I just can't wait to read the second part. And the book cover is great as well, very fitting.

What I didn't like: 
From time to time I felt like it was a bit like Twilight, but thank God, the final impression was great. It didn't lack originality. And I thought that it was a bit of an obvious who she is going to end up with. 


All in all, a great book, very thrilling. You just can't put it down.

Excerpt form the book:


The next few days passed in a grey haze, illuminated only by the penetrating eyes of the aloof clique, with that same alarmed look on their faces.
The school was surprisingly large for a country town, but families were big and nearly all the surrounding town's teenage population attended the public high in Shade Valley. I was an outsider, an introvert, and clumsy. Locals didn't welcome newcomers from the city. The vernacular for me was 'city slicker', 'tourist' and my personal favourite: 'yuppie'.
I fumbled and dropped my math's workbook on the linoleum on my way to class. I saw them again. They had the same look on their faces as they passed, like I offended their sense of smell. The darker boy's amber brown irises glared at me as they glided past. I flushed crimson as his wide shouldered friend brushed by and looked me over with his sapphire eyes.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment