Thursday, March 28, 2013

Swept by Becca Lee Nyx

Swept (Swept Trilogy, #1) Swept

Author: Becca Lee Nyx
Pages: 94

Synopsis: 
College is supposed to be a magical experience, a time of self-exploration and discovery. For Crystal and her friends, Ryan and Kelly, this couldn't be closer to the truth. Crystal, the geeky girl on a scholarship, Ryan, the rich entitled kid who feels he is misunderstood, and Kelly who is looking for love in all the wrong places... These three friends will take you on an exciting trip as they encounter situations they never dreamed possible. Mystery men, betrayal, relationships, and steamy sex. All this and more await you in this first book of a trilogy by Becca Lee Nyx.

What I liked:
I liked Crystal from the start.She has a hoarding problem with brochures and likes Harry Potter and Hobbit. She even wore a shirt with Snape on the front. She has high ambitions and wants to work at NASA.  I myself am going to university in the fall so I was quite excited to read this book. It was quite catching and easy to read.
One of the main guys is Gabriel Knight. One hell of a hot name and a person if you ask me. The other one is her friend Ryan. Well if I had to choose I would go with Gabriel. I have to say I put quite put off with Ryan's behavior.
And the cover is just yummy.

What I didn't like:
The first few chapters were very interesting and made me want to read more. But I was a bit taken by surprise when Crystal had no problem sleeping with two guys and having a threesome even thought she has been raped in the past and had very little experience. She seemed a bit reckless when she decided to got to college just because she saw a guy on the campus that caught her eye.
Guys in the story clashed a bit to me. Mostly Ryan. At first he seemed like a nice guy,but then turned into some king of a jerk.
I also think that there was a bit too much of mindless sex between characters even though they had no feelings for each other.
And I imagined the ending to be a bit better. I thought that Crystal would have decided differently.


Perks:
Now I at least know what 'merkin' is. And I actually did google it as soon as it was mentioned in the book.
"The wind was blowing my hair making me feel like some important character in a
romance movie."  -the first sentence. Juts gotta love it :)

I'm glad I had the chance to read this book. Thanks for the chance.

1 comment: