Sunday, March 31, 2013

10 Ways To Kill A Cupid by Leigh Parker

10 Ways To Kill A Cupid

10 Ways To Kill A Cupid


Author: Leigh Parker
Pages: 265

Synopsis:
Three years after becoming a Cupid, the normally cheeky and cheerful Leigh has to question her work ethics when her next assignment happens to be the woman who killed her.

Meet Natalie McIntyre, actually, no, you wouldn't want to meet Natalie McIntyre, the foul mouthed, anti social Senior Manager at her father's cardboard box factory who really isn't in the mood to spend the next 7 days with a weird blonde haired girl who just will not go away.

Over the course of a week Leigh has her work cut out when she learns that not only is Natalie hell bent on being stubborn, cranky and incredibly hard to pair but the appearance of the blue spark puts everything she’s ever learnt as a Cupid in jeopardy. 


What I liked:
This book is freaking AMAZING! I just couldn't put it down. It was witty and ingeniously written.
The whole concept is very new and refreshing. A point of a cupid, a different spin on what waits for us after we die.
Sometimes you really want to strangle Natalie but simultaneously you want to know if she can get better. Leigh and Natalie have, as it seems, a hate/hate relationship full of bantering and Natalie trying to destroy Leigh.
In the 3/4 of the book, the relationship was a between them was a bit strange for me, but I didn't mind it at all, because the book was just so good.
But the end. My GOD! I really didn't expect that. And I couldn't help myself, so I just smiled till the very last page. I love, I adore this book.

What I didn't like:
What is this even doing here.

Perks:
Just one question. Is there any website where I can sign up for my personal cupid?  A soulmate would come in handy :)

 Excerpt from the book:

 

I have a story to tell and it’s not the kind of story you get to hear every day. I wish it were but sadly there are a lot of non-believers out there who can only believe once they’ve experienced the true powers of a Cupid. And, usually, even when a person has met a Cupid (which is a lot more frequent than you’d think), they don’t always confess to having done so because they’re too scared that folk may laugh at them or stick them in a loony bin. I must admit I didn’t believe in them myself until about 5 years ago when something nasty happened to me. I became one.

Copyright © God 0000 All rights reserved. No part of this parchment may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior verbal permission of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment